I think that after the feedback I got regarding duration, and scheduling, I have a preliminary schedule and order:
- Brahms: German Requiem (July 2)
- Bach: Mass in B Minor (July 16)
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 (July 30)
- Mozart: Requiem (August 13)
- Chopin: Nocturnes (August 27)
- Mahler: Symphony No. 6 (September 10)
- R. Strauss: Four Last Songs (September 24)
- Debussy: Preludes (October 8)
- Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring (October 15)
- Puccini: La Bohème (October 29)
If we want- we can move the schedule around a bit- but I think a lot of people wanted structure, adn 2 weeks seemed like enough time.
For Brahm's German Requiem, I have the following versions available:
h. blomstedt, sfs, holzmair, norberg-schulz
Claudio Abbado - Berliner Philharmoniker
Does anyone have any other versions they'd like me to host and make available to everyone else? And does anyone need me to burn and mail CDs of the music we'll be listening to? Please let me know. I'll have the music up over the next few days, as well as the preliminary excercises I'd like to do with this. Thank you so much for your patience!
Also, if you have versions of Bach or Beethoven that you'd like to use, please let me know as soon as possible, so that I can arrange to get them.
I can't wait to get started!